If you have been searching for the perfect cupcake, I have got the recipe for you! This cupcake is sweet, but not too sweet and leaves your taste buds begging for more.
This cupcake is a vanilla cake with a caramel swirl, chocolate ganache filling, and the perfect vanilla buttercream frosting! Yes, this cupcake tastes as delicious as it sounds. The plain vanilla cake recipe is from the food network.
Sophia’s Caramel Chocolate Delight Cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcake:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 ½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- Sophia’s SECRET Caramel Sauce!
- Sophia’s Perfect Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin or two 24-cup mini-muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour in the melted butter and then the vanilla.
- While mixing slowly, add half of the flour mixture. Then add all the milk, followed by the remaining flour mixture; take care not to overmix the batter. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin.
- Swirl a tablespoon of the caramel into each cupcake with a toothpick.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, rotating the tin about halfway through the baking time, 18 to 20 minutes for standard cupcakes or 10 to 12 minutes for minis. Cool the cupcakes in the tin on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on the rack completely.
- For the ganache, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the heavy cream for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the heavy cream and let sit for 3 minutes. Do not mix.
- After 3 minutes, whisk the chocolate chips and heavy cream mixture.
- Cut a hole into the top of the cupcakes and press down to make a well for the chocolate ganache. Pour the chocolate ganache into the cupcake hole.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting and serve.
The images below will show you how I make the delicious cupcakes.
Next, I made the chocolate ganache. A chocolate ganache is a sauce, glaze, or filling made from chocolate and cream. In this cupcake, you will use it as a sauce. I promise you will love it.
The next thing you need to do is make a piping bag so you can pipe Sophia’s Perfect Buttercream Frosting onto the cupcake.
That’s it! This cupcake is the perfect balance of caramel, chocolate, and vanilla goodness. You will never use another cupcake recipe again once you make this. Don’t forget the most important ingredient, love. Let me know what you think in the comments!