During the summertime, one of my favorite things to enjoy is a s’more. I love standing around a campfire and toasting my marshmallow so it is perfectly golden brown. Then, taking the toasted marshmallow and placing it in between two honey graham crackers with a piece of chocolate in the middle and biting into the gooey perfection. The treat takes your taste buds into a magical place of food paradise that leaves you begging for s’more!
I knew I had to take these classic, delicious s’mores flavors and create a dessert bar of my own. However, I didn't want this to be just an ordinary s’mores cookie bar. I wanted this bar to be the ultimate s’mores bar which is why I decided to incorporate one of my favorite chocolate spreads, NUTELLA!
This Nutella Cookie S’mores Bar Recipe is my own creation and I am so happy with the way it turned out! If you love s’mores as much as I do, then this recipe was made for you and I encourage you to check it out!
Sophia’s Nutella S’mores Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick (Melted)
- ¼ cups granulated white sugar
- ¾ cups light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey Teddy Grahams
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar
- 16 jumbo marshmallows
- nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, salt, granulated white sugar, and light brown sugar. Mix until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Place Teddy Grahams into a Ziploc bag. Crush with a mallet until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and crushed Teddy Grahams. Mix until fully combined
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Split the dough into 2 portions.
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Take half of the dough and press it into the pan so it covers the bottom of the pan completely.
- Spread the Nutella mixture evenly over the dough in the pan.
- Take the other half of the dough and place it over the Nutella mixture. Try to cover as much of the Nutella as possible.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 15–20 minutes.
- Place the 16 jumbo marshmallows onto the uncut bar so there are 16 pieces with 1 marshmallow each when the bars will be cut.
- Broil until golden brown.
- Let cool completely. Enjoy!
The images below will show you how I make the delicious dessert bars.
If you want a delicious s’mores treat, then this is the dessert for you. I promise you will love this recipe and the final product. Don’t forget the most important ingredient, love. That’s it! I hope you enjoy it! Comment below your thoughts and how this recipe turns out for you.